This is an easy project for fall that will instantly update your look!
For the rectangular blanket cape you'll need:
- 1 1/2 yards of fabric (I selected a thicker weight Aztec print)
- Matching thread
- Sewing supplies and machine
So here's what you do:
1. Fold your fabric in half width-wise
2. Cut a vertical line in the middle of the FRONT of your fabric (this is also where you will want to hem all the way around your fabric)
3. (Optional) Sew one vertical line measuring 4 inches across on each side of the cape. I smoothed the cape out on the floor and then laid on top of it to get correct placement of the armholes. From the neckline, my armhole stitches started 11 inches down and 9 inches across.
Here's my finished rectangular blanket cape!
If you don't want to make your own you can always get one of these cute alternatives: