I have been meaning to make my daughter these pants for over a year, ever since she saw the pair my husband has. You will need:
- 1/2 yard fleece (if you're making an adult size you're going to need more fabric obviously)
- Matching thread
- Sewing supplies and machine
- 1/4 inch elastic
- Pants you can use as a pattern
- Ironing stuff
1. The first thing I did was fold my pattern pants and my fleece fabric in half. I placed the pattern pants on top of the fleece and cut out my four pieces (2 for the front and two for the back) making sure to add 1 inch to the length of the bottom and about 3 inches to the top for the elastic casing.
2. Pin and sew each set of legs together at the crotch using a straight stitch.
3. Now with the front and back sides right sides together, pin and sew the two middle length of the legs followed by the two outside lengths.
4. Fold the waistband 1/2 inch and then another 1 inch, iron and pin. Sew almost all the way around leaving an opening for your elastic.
5. Measure your elastic and insert in to your elastic pocket using a safety pin. Sew the sides of the elastic together and finish sewing the waistband.
6. Hem the bottom.
And you're done! Lily loves hers and now my husband wants some too. Maybe I'll make us all matching pairs.