I'm going to be so happy when I can wear this vest without looking so... pregnant. Here's what you need:
- 1.5 yards of anti-pill fleece
- 1.5 yards of flannel
- Matching thread
- Sewing supplies and machine
- Ironing supplies
Here's what I did:
1. Fold both fabrics in half whichever way gets your 54"L x 23" W. Cut an oval out of one fabric and use that oval as a pattern for the other fabric so that they are the same size.
2. Place your fabrics with the right sides together and sew ALMOST all the way around. Flip your fabrics right side out and iron all the way around, pinning the hole shut. Sew all the way around your oval.
3. Find the middle of the top of your oval and measure 13" down from there, mark with a pin. Using that marking, measure 4.5" on each side for a total of 9" in between your arm holes, mark each of these measurements with a pin. Flip your oval over on one of the two pin markings.
4. I ended up making a pattern for the arm hole at 7.8"L x 6.5" W (because Calculus). Fold your paper pattern over the folded portion of your oval, pin and cut. Fold each of the seams together on each arm hole, pin and sew.
And your done! Once you have the measurements down it's a pretty easy project.. Here's what mine looked like when I was done!